Monday, January 26, 2009

Last summer, I was really, really nervous about coming to college for mainly for one reason, living with a roommate. I have never had to share a room with someone for more than one week before, so I was afraid of what kind of person I might have to spend the next year with. Also, I had heard all kinds of stories about horrible roommates. By the end of the summer I had come to the conclusion that either I will love my roommate or I will hate her. Luckily, my roommate, Abby and I hit it off very well. We ended up being very compatible, and we get along great. Both my roommate and I came to ISU with one girl friend that was our age. I had a friend from high school, Hannah that lives just a few rooms down from us and she had a friend that she went to middle school with, Jessica. The four of us girls spent a lot of time together first semester. We would hang out on the weekends, watch movies together during the week, go to the library together, and all kinds of other fun things! Unfortunately, Jessica decided that Illinois State wasn’t the place she wanted to be, so she transferred back home to her local community college. We were all very sad when she left.
This weekend, Jessica is coming for a visit. I am so excited to be able to hang out with her again! Abby, Hannah, and I have been talking about all the things we want to do this weekend with Jessica. At this point, our plans are to go shopping and out to dinner when she gets here on Friday. Then on Saturday, we’re all going to the Bradley vs. Illinois State basketball game. Our friend waited in line for 5 hours today to get a bunch of us tickets. I am so excited that we all have good seats, because I think that will make the game just that much more fun! I am so excited for the weekend to come so that Jessica will be here and we can have our girls’ weekend!

1 comment:

  1. It's great when you get along with your roommate. I remember worrying about what my roommate would be like. I am from a very blue-collar town called Decatur. My roommate is from Naperville. Surprisingly, we hit it off and get along great. I am glad yours worked out, too!

    ReplyDelete