Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday

On Sunday afternoon my boyfriend, Alex, called and asked me what I had going on for the evening and if I wanted to watch the Super Bowl with him. I did not really feel like watching it, because I am not much of a football fan, especially not professional football. But, I did not really have anything better to do on Sunday night, so I watched it anyway. Originally, I planned on going over there and not paying much attention to the game but watching all the funny commercials instead. I got over there a little late, so I missed the kick off. I had not eaten dinner yet either, so Alex made me a sandwich and I ate it while we watched the game. Watching it was exactly what I expected. It was a pretty boring game and I giggled at a few goofy commercials. Since I was pretty bored, I was having a little bit of trouble staying awake. When half time came around, I really was not impressed very much by Bruce Springsteen, but as always, I was amazed by all the people rushing down to the field to get as close to the stage as possible. About half way through the half time show, I fell asleep. I was pretty sound asleep until about two or three minutes left in the third quarter. When I woke up, Alex was telling me how boring the game was and how he wished Arizona would kick it up a little so that it could be a closer game. Not too long after that, the Cardinals did kick it up. I was amazed by the comeback they made in the fourth quarter. I was not really rooting for either team until then. By that time, I really wanted the Cardinals to win, because they were the underdogs and the odds were against them. It is pretty funny now that I think of it that all in a matter of about 20 minutes I went from asleep on the couch to on the edge of my seat cheering on a team that I really did not know much about. Although the Cardinals lost, it was a very fun fourth quarter to watch. I am really glad I did end up watching the game so that I actually know what people are talking about when they speak of the Super Bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment