Monday, February 9, 2009
Advertisements are such a huge part of daily life for everybody, everywhere. I had never really thought about it much until just recently when we started discussing advertisements a little bit in English 101. There are so many different forms of advertisements. The little sheets of paper that are stuck into my mailbox at school, the posters hanging by the elevators in my dorm building, television commercials, ads in magazines and newspapers, and radio ads; they are all different kinds of advertisements trying to persuade you to use a specific product or go to a local event. Lately, the advertisement that sticks out to me most is the CareerBuilders.com commercial from the Super Bowl. Out of all the new commercials during the Super Bowl, I personally thought this one was the funniest. This commercial starts out with a woman in her car getting ready to go to work when a voice asks if you dread going to work. Then the woman screams and the scene goes to an office and the voice asks if you are disrespected in the office. A man walks by and calls his coworker a dummy. The next scene is a woman riding a dolphin in the ocean and the voice asks if you wish you were somewhere else. Then it’s back to the office and there’s a man sitting in a chair in a Speedo with his legs open and laughing, and the voice asks if you sit next to this guy. Then it goes to a koala bear in a tree and the voice asks if you daydream of punching small animals. A man’s arm comes out of the corner and punches the koala bear. The point of the commercial is for you to find out if it’s time for you to get a new job. In my opinion the whole commercial is hilarious, but I just about fell off the chair I was sitting in when the man punches the little koala bear sitting in a tree. I am not exactly positive as to what CareerBuilders.com actually is, and I never did check out the website to find out. I think this commercial isn’t as effective for me as it might be for some, because I am a student and at this point in my life am not looking for a new job.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This commercial was funny during the Super Bowl!
ReplyDelete