Monday, February 16, 2009

Grey's Anatomy

I don’t watch very much television, but Grey’s Anatomy is definitely my favorite show. I started watching it every once in a while during its third season in 2007, because my mom started watching it that season. I only caught a few episodes that season because I was always busy at the time it was on television, but I really liked the episodes I did watch. The next season, I decided I was going to start watching it regularly. I would have my mom record the episodes I knew I was going to miss, so I could watch them before the next episode. I like Grey’s Anatomy because it is both a medical show and a drama. Each episode has a fairly even mixture of both details about the character’s personal lives and the events going on in the hospital. It is actually pretty weird that my favorite TV show is a medical show, because I am extremely squeamish at the sight of blood. When I first started watching Grey’s Anatomy, I used to have to cover my eyes multiple times during each show, but now I am more used to it and can remind myself that it’s not real. Also, I used to get really confused about what was going on when they talked about different things about the characters, so I bought seasons 1 and 2. When I started watching the earlier seasons it was interesting to find out what they actually meant by some of the things they talked about later on. Also, I realized some ironic things too. Every Thursday at 8:00, I go into Grey’s Anatomy mode. My roommate and some of the girls on my floor watch it with me sometimes and there is rarely any talking except for during commercials because we never want to miss anything. Sometimes there are a lot of little comments that seem insignificant at the time, but later end up turning into a big deal. This show has pretty much turned into a full blown obsession for me. I have my favorite characters and the characters I have silly celebrity crushes on. After every episode, they show a little preview of the next episode, and I just cannot wait until the next Thursday at 8. Any time something about Grey’s Anatomy comes up in a conversation, I could go on forever!

3 comments: