Tuesday, April 7, 2009
If some friends from out of town came to visit the town of Bloomington/Normal for a weekend and I could not show them around I’m not quite sure what I would suggest for them. Since I do not have my car on campus with me during the school year, I rely on public transportation or a ride from somebody else, so I do not journey very far from the ISU campus very often. One thing I would tell them to go visit is the Funny Bone comedy club. I have been a few times and it was really fun when I went. It is only five dollars for admission for students and most of the shows are about two hours long. On most weekends I just either hang out in my dorm with the people on my floor or go to somebody’s house and hang out for the night, so I don’t have a lot of other suggestions. For the other days of the weekend, I would probably suggest getting train tickets to Chicago. If you order them far enough in advance, you can get pretty cheap prices for a round trip ticket. When my friends got to Chicago, I would recommend going to see a show. I saw Jersey Boys in December, and I loved it. I would also recommend going shopping. There are a lot of stores there that I like but do not have near my hometown, so when I go to Chicago I always try to shop at those places for a little change. There are lots of fun little gift shops along the streets of the city full of cute things just to look at, not necessarily purchase. There’s also Millennium Park and Shedd Aquarium to visit if my friends did not want to spend a lot of money. Another place to visit is Navy Pier. Depending on the time of the year, I’m pretty sure there’s always something fun going on there. There’s also many different kinds of tours that you can take around the city, which I’m sure are pretty interesting and a good way to give your feet a break from all the walking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I didn't even know we had a comedy club. I'll have to check it out
ReplyDeleteI never knew there was a comedy club here it sounds fun..
ReplyDeleteI didn't know we had a comedy club here. Where is it? Sounds fun.
ReplyDelete