Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Change...
I can’t believe that there are only 5 weeks left of classes! This year has gone by so fast. It is so weird to think back to the beginning of the fall semester and remember all the changes and adjustments that happened in order for me to become acquainted with the new concept of college. It seems like just last week that I was moving all of my belongings into my tiny little dorm room. I feel as though I have grown up so much since the beginning of the year. I have learned so much about myself since I’ve been here on my own. At first I wasn’t sure if I would be able to make it without my family around me all the time. My parents were never ones to do everything for me. At home, I have many responsibilities and have never been spoiled, but my parents have always been there whenever I needed anything. I have come so far since those first few weeks. I have become much more responsible for myself and my actions. I am always on top of my school work, and I rarely ever get behind and have to stay up super late the night before a test or the day a big assignment is due. I never really had that problem in high school either, but toward the end of my senior year I started to get a little lazier about my assignments. I am happy that I did not continue my lazy ways of senior year of high school into my freshman year of college. Another part of my life that has changed since the beginning of the year is friendships. Since the beginning of this semester, I have gained some new relationships and a few old relationships have weakened a little bit. It’s crazy how much has changed in only about 6 months. I am still friends with all the same people I was friends with at the beginning, but it seems that we don’t spend nearly as much time together as we used to. That makes me a little nervous for next year, because who knows who I will be close to next year since it has changed so much since just the beginning of this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
this year has gone by so fast! it is crazy
ReplyDeleteI was just reminicing about the past year myself. Were going to be sophmores soon and before we know ISU gRADUATES
ReplyDeleteKelsey -
ReplyDeleteIt does go by fast! It's always fun to transition from first-years to sophomores - soph. year was my favorite in college! Enjoy it while it lasts!
-Kathleen
This year did go by fast.... Im excited for the years to come..
ReplyDeleteI commend you on staying on top of things. I definitely didn't do that...this year went by soo fast!
ReplyDelete